Thursday, January 1, 1998

Pets

MY DOG VOID DIED! ITS OKAY I'LL BRING HIM BACK FROM THA DEAD
CERBERUS, n.  The watch-dog of Hades, whose duty it was to guard the 
entrance -- against whom or what does not clearly appear; everybody, 
sooner or later, had to go there, and nobody wanted to carry off the 
entrance.  Cerberus is known to have had three heads, and some of the 
poets have credited him with as many as a hundred. 


Void has started over from level 1 104 times now. Each time he looks gnarlier and gnarlier! As for me, I'm definitely "STUCK." And no amount of wizardry is going to help. On this planet whatever the mechanism, the only way to contain your leak, apparently, is to make a copy of the slime file before you go sliming. That way you can restore it if things go dry. Back home that would be cheating, though, and cheating is against my rules.


"This doesn't look like the respawn solution I was looking for."

  • Void attacks monsters. I trained him to "do all sorts of things," but I have no idea how. I've noticed that he has a habit of wandering off and "fetching" items from other rooms.
  • When Void dies, he leaves bodies, which you can pick up and carry around. At first, I couldn't figure out why you'd want to do that, but I soon realized it was possible to eat them. I also noted that if I don't pick up a body, Void generally eats it.
Another dog named Chet.

In swift order, Chet killed a gnome and a jackal with a combination of his club and arrows, and he managed to hoist the jackal's body over his shoulders before his mangy mutt could get to it. He found a fountain and drank from it, but to uncertain effect.

Chet disappeared for a while and came back with a scroll labeled LEP GEX VEN ZEA, which Chet--being somewhat dumb--couldn't stop himself from reading. An acid blob came along and corroded his club. He killed a rat. Things seemed to be going well for Chet, but the fates played a cruel joke and he died a death of ignominy.




7 comments:

  1. I am hoping the same best effort from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing skills has inspired me.
    dog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. best dog ear cleaner

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us. dog t shirts for humans

    ReplyDelete
  5. i never know the use of adobe shadow until i saw this post. thank you for this! this is very helpful. Cat Basket Replacement

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great knowledge, do anyone mind merely reference back to it melbourne pet doors

    ReplyDelete